The person who looks after you in the local council, your Personal Adviser, must tell you what is available for you to move to when you leave care. Ask them what you are entitled to in the way of ‘Setting Up Home Allowances’ also known as ‘Leaving Care Grantshttps://www.gov.uk/leaving-foster-or-local-authority-care

The housing charity Shelter has a website with useful information about what you are entitled to http://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/housing_for_young_people/help_and_housing_for_care_leavers

If you are moved to a place where you don’t feel safe for any reason then tell the person who looks after you in the council. If they don’t help you then contact one of these organisations that help young people stand up for their rights

Coram Voice https://coramvoice.org.uk

National Youth Advocacy Service https://www.nyas.net

Are you Homeless?

Contact your Personal Adviser at Children’s Services who should treat you as what they call a ‘child in need’ of emergency accommodation. If you don’t get support from the council these charities can help:

Centrepoint https://centrepoint.org.uk/what-we-do/

Homeless Link (limit your search to accommodation that accepts young people) http://www.homeless.org.uk/search-services?

Shelter https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/temporary_housing_if_youre_homeless/help_if_youre_16_to_25_years_old

To apply for a bank account if you’re homeless and receiving help from Shelter https://www.hsbc.co.uk/help/money-worries/no-fixed-address/

Are you sleeping rough? https://centrepoint.org.uk/youth-homelessness/get-help-now/i-am-a-young-person/help-when-youre-sleeping-rough/